Friday, April 8, 2016

Bittersweet Memories

For the last month or so we have been overwhelmed! Overwhelmed in good ways...mostly.  God sent a sweet couple to buy our house before it was even listed.  Just another confirmation that we are suposed to build our dream/forever home in Xenia.

Let me back up a little. I had been looking for a single story house for us for the past two years. And even looked for land to buy but just never could find the right place at the right price.  In mid-September of 2015 I was on realtor.com one day and found a listing for two acres. The realtor had just listed it and had not even placed signs on it yet to advertise it was for sale.  We ended up buying it for what we've been told was a steal.

On a whim one day after I drove out to see the land again, cause I still couldn't believe it was now ours, I stopped in to a local builder's office in Xenia to ask some questions and our journey began. We now have plans picked out and have made changes to make it our own.

Now, back to our current house.  Our neighbors told friends our house would be going on the market in April.  They ended up going through it and after getting a contract on their house, are now buying ours. Another generation of Christians will get to share the love of our Father in this house! Isn't that awesome?

The bittersweet part is that I have been spending time in this house since my parents bought it and moved here in August 1976. My sweet hubby and I bought it in November 1991 so my parents could live their dream of moving back to Georgia to build their dream home.

When Terry and I bought this house we dedicated it to God to be used however He saw fit. We've had Bible studies here, housed travelling missionaries, youth group events. Even led both of our daughters to the Lord here.

Terry and I spent much of our dating life in this house. Some nights that consisted of me getting out of bed, getting dressed and meeting him to come in and sit on the stairs to talk about each other's day for 20-30 minutes before he would leave to go home.

So many memories! So much fun and yes, some sad times as well. God has blessed us richly and as we move on to this next season in our lives, we will praise Him and serve Him in whatever He calls us to.  Our next house will be dedicated to Him as well! I can't wait to see what He has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment